CONSTRUCTION QUALITY MANAGEMENT CLASS FOR CONTRACTORS
The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Louisville District, in partnership with the Naval Facilities Engineering Command and the Associated General Contractors, West Central Ohio Division offers the Construction Quality Management for Contractors Class #784 in Dayton, Ohio.
US Army Corps of Engineers Requirements:
The US Army Corps of Engineers (Corps) requires all contractors performing construction compliance with the “Contractor Quality Control” (CQC), provisions in their contracts. In the early development of the CQC system, there was considerable misunderstanding as to what was required and who was responsible for it. In cooperation with the construction industry, the Corps developed a training course entitled “Construction Quality Management for Contractors (CQM)”. The purpose of this course is to familiarize all quality management personnel with the Corps construction quality management policies and procedures. The course details the requirements of the government and contractor personnel assigned to the project and the reasons for those requirements. The effectiveness of the CQM system is enhanced when all personnel are aware of their responsibilities and the reasons for them. To ensure the success of the CQC system, every Corps construction contract stipulates that the contractor’s quality control representative is required to have this training. This course is offered throughout the year by many Corps offices and contractor associations across the nation.
The certificate issued upon successful completion of the CQM class is good for 5 years.
USACE CQM Training Hosted by the AGC West Central Ohio Division:
On a bi-monthly basis, the AGC West Central Ohio Division facilitates a CQM training session in Dayton, Ohio for the US Army Corps of Engineers, Louisville District. Typically, CQM classes are offered in February, April, June, August, October, and December, on Tuesday and Wednesday, 8:00 AM – 3:00 PM, in the second or third week of these months.
A Certified Instructor of the US Army Corps of Engineers provides CQM training using video, lecture, and individual/group work. All participants are issued a training manual, developed by the US Army Corps of Engineers and the US Naval Facilities Engineering Command.
A course certificate will be awarded to those who successfully complete the training and pass a final exam. The certificate is valid for a five-year period from the date of the class.
All Quality Control Representatives new to the CQC system are required to complete CQM for Contractors #784. Currently, all persons needing recertification must also attend CQM training.
CQM Training will be held at Shook Construction’s Conference Room located at 2000 W. Dorothy Lane, Moraine, OH 45439. If lodging is needed, the following are convenient options:
- Marriott @ Univ of Dayton, 1414 S. Patterson Blvd, Dayton, OH 45409; (937) 223-1000
- Courtyard Marriott @ UD, 2006 Edwin C. Moses, Dayton, OH 45417; (937) 220-9060
- Holiday Inn Express SW UD, 2140 Edwin C. Moses; Dayton, OH 45417; (937) 250-6400
USACE CQM Training Hosted by the AGC West Central Ohio Division Continued
The fee for CQM for Contractors training is $250/person for AGC, West Central Ohio Division members; and $400/person for all others. The fee covers course materials, completion certificate, and continental breakfast, lunch, and refreshments on both class days.
Registration and payment are required to participate in the US Army Corps of Engineers Construction Quality Management for Contractors training hosted by the AGC West Central Ohio Division.
- Completed CQM Registration forms are to be forwarded to the AGC by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or US Postal Service to hold a seat in the class.
- Check payments should be made out to the AGC, West Central Ohio Division and mailed to P.O. Box 341508, Beavercreek, OH 45434 with receipt requested by the Friday preceding the start of the CQM class.
- Credit card payments can be accepted, however, the AGC, West Central Ohio Division will charge an additional $15 transaction fee per participant.
- Once payment is received, participants will be notified his/her registration in CQM training is confirmed.
- A completion certificate will be held for any participant who satisfies training requirements however, his/her class fee is unpaid at the end of training. The certificate will be mailed to the participant once payment is finalized.
- It is understood a conflict may arise preventing a registered CQM participant from attending his/her scheduled class, however, a course refund will not be issued. Registration and payment can be deferred until a future CQM class, preferably in the same fiscal year; or a CQM registration/payment can be assigned to another person within the same Company.
Following is the CQM for Contractors in Dayton, OH training calendar for 2020:
- February 11-12, 2020 – REACHED CAPACITY
- April 14-15, 2020
- June 16-17, 2020
- August 18-19, 2020
- October 20-21, 2020
- December 8-9, 2020
AGC, WEST CENTRAL OHIO DIVISION
P.O. Box 341508, BEAVERCREEK, OH 45434; (937) 604-0575
CQM FOR CONTRACTORS TRAINING REGISTRATION FORM
There will be a charge of $15/participant fee for processing credit card payments.
AGC, WEST CENTRAL OHIO DIVISION
P.O. Box 341508, BEAVERCREEK, OH 45434
CQM FOR CONTRACTORS TRAINING
CQM for Contractors Class Information
- All Quality Control Representatives new to the Contractor Quality Control system and those needing recertification are required to complete a CQM for Contractors #784.
- The ACG, West Central Ohio Division partnered with the US Army Corps of Engineers, Louisville District to provide CQM training in Dayton, bi-monthly.
- A US Army Corps of Engineers Certified Instructor provides CQM training.
- CQM for Contractor training is held over a two-day period, typically on a Tuesday and Wednesday, 8 AM – 3 PM at 2000 W. Dorothy Lane, Moraine 45439.
- The fee for CQM training is $250/person for AGC West Central Ohio Division members; and $400/person for all others. The fee covers training materials, completion certificate, and continental breakfast, lunch, and refreshment service on both class days.
- Forward a completed CQM registration form to email@example.com to hold a seat in a CQM class.
- Mail your check payment to the AGC West Central Ohio Division, P.O. Box 341508. Beavercreek, OH 45434; or call to arrange for a credit card